Woodlands can offer an outstanding learning resource. They are accessible and stimulating environments that offer a safe, robust and exciting arena for all kinds of learning, for all kinds of people. In Wales, they are more often than not on people's doorsteps.
- A rich resource - Woodlands provide a rich curricular resource for a wide range of subjects from Science, Maths through to Art, as well as opportunities to learn key life skills such as team work, communication and building self esteem.
- A versatile environment - Woodlands are dynamic environments that are constantly changing with the seasons.
- A sustainable classroom - Woodlands, and the use of wood as a material, introduces the concept of sustainable development in an understandable way and provides a closer link to the natural world.
- A healthy alternative - There are many associated physical and mental benefits to being active in an outdoor environment and using woodlands for learning can contribute to children's health and wellbeing.
- A safe place to be - Woodlands are safe outdoor places in which to learn. Risk assessments and regular inspections, are all provided to ensure a safe woodland experience.