Hidden in Glenrigh Forest, in the hills above Loch Linnhe, stand the remains of a community long gone.
Historical records tell us that people were living here as early as 1522. When or why people abandoned the settlement is a mystery, but maps show it was empty by the mid-1800s.
Local legends recount a tale about bad fairies attempting to kidnap a postman near Corrychurrachan. Fortunately, good fairies rescued him at the last minute. It is highly unlikely however that the people who lived in Corrychurrachan went "away with the fairies".
In the early 1800s, many people left farming settlements for various reasons. The information from other abandoned settlements on this site offers some ideas for what the reasons could be.