The Forestry Commission (FC) has a number of committees and forums, located throughout GB, which consider the economic, environmental and social aspects of sustainable development and help us to devise and implement forest strategies that meet the needs of the countries and regions in GB. Further information on the role of the committees and forums can be found on the right of this page.
We look for people:
- who are dynamic, influential; and
- have the ability to bring to the table the views and experiences of the wider public and communities.
Experience in forestry, the environment or recreation would be beneficial, but we would be pleased to consider applications from those with other experience.
We are looking to:
- improve the diversity of our public appointees,
- develop committees that better represent the population of GB,
- increase the range of ideas, insights and experience available to our decision making.
By doing this, we believe we will be able to provide improved services for all.
Our vacancy page provides details of Public Appointment vacancies as they become available, accessed via the link on the right.
If you need further information on diversity and equality within the Forestry Commission, please contact the Equality and Diversity Team at email@example.com or by telephone on 0131 314 6575