Bedgebury’s new Car Park Payment System
• We have now introduced the new payment system, based on number plate recognition.
• While we are still charging by the vehicle at a daily rate, the new system is ticketless.
How it works and what you need to do
• When you arrive on site you will be greeted by a set of barriers.
• A camera will log your vehicle’s registration number.
• The barrier will lift, allowing you to enter and park your vehicle.
• There are two entry lanes, one of them wider for coaches and lorries.
• There are three new payment machines located at the far end of the car park.
• All three machines take coins and cards. If you wish to pay by bank notes, please go to the Visitor Centre.
• You will need to enter your registration number into the payment machine.
• You can pay at any time during your visit.
• If you have a free pass or a reciprocal you need to visit the Information Office, so that they can enter your registration number.
nb There is a 20 minute courtesy time for deliveries/drop offs etc. Vehicles will not be able to leave unless they do so within the 20mins or their registration details are entered into the database or onto the daily permit system (during office hours only).
Friends of Bedgebury
• If you have Bedgebury membership your vehicle details will be logged into the new system.
• Once this has been done you will be able to come and go as you like.
• You must inform staff if you have a change of vehicle.
• As you approach the exit barrier, the camera will note your registration number
• As long as your number is on the system, the barrier will lift and allow you to leave.
Please ask a member of staff for the latest information or call 01580 879820.