Don't rely on others
- can you get home safely?
- carry the right equipment and know how to use it.
For your own safety
- always wear the right safety clothing - at least a helmet and gloves
- only cycle within your abilities
- only tackle jumps and other challenges if you are sure you can do them - have a look first
- train properly, especially for difficult and technical routes.
On and off road
- expect the unexpected - watch out for other visitors
- for your own and others' safety always follow warning signs and any advice you are given
- if a vehicle is loading timber, stop and wait for the driver to let you pass safely.
Cycle carefully and please come back soon!
For more on safe mountain biking see the Your Safety page.