The National Committee for Wales is responsible for:
- Working with the Welsh Assembly Government to develop and promote forestry policy which meets the needs of Wales
- giving strategic direction to the FC’s activities in Wales to ensure delivery of the Woodland for Wales strategy.
The National Committee will support FC Wales in working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders and supporting woodland owners and the wider forestry sector in that country to deliver the Woodland for Wales strategy.
- identifying and allocating the resources required to meet objectives and monitoring performance against agreed objectives.
The National Committee will review and approve the corporate plan. It will ensure appropriate stewardship of assets and use of public money.
The National Committee will regularly monitor financial and other performance and approve the annual reports for FC Wales.
- setting targets for, and managing the performance for the Assembly Government woodland estate
- ensuring the safeguarding of resources through internal control systems.
The National Committee will support the Accounting Officer, who will take advice from the country Audit Committee, in ensuring that the business is effectively controlled. In particular, it will ensure that systems are in place so that Commissioners are made aware in good time of any significant issues which would impact on the proper discharge of their duties.