Under the Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations you have a right of access (subject to certain exemptions) to the information that we hold.
You can use our website to find the information you seek or make a formal request.
Our publication scheme commits us to make information available as part of our normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by us. Additional assistance is provided to the definition of these classes in sector specific guidance manuals issued by the Information Commissioner.
The scheme commits us to:
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, that we hold and which falls within the classifications below
- specify the information that we hold and which falls within the classifications below
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme
- produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- review and update on a regular basis the information we make available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available
- make this publication scheme publicly available
We publish the majority of our information on our websites:
- Corporate and shared services
- About us
- Contact us
- Buying and selling
- Pests and diseases
- Sustainable forestry
- Research in forestry
- Forestry Commission England
- England's woods and forests
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- Forest Research Agency
Specific documents can be found using:
- the publications search
- the image search
- the news search
- the 'Search a forest' search in England
- or the site search in the top banner.
Who we are and what we do.
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
What we spend and how we spend it.
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
What our priorities are and how we are doing.
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
How we make decisions.
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
Our policies and procedures.
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
Lists and registers.
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
The services we offer.
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases.A description of the services offered.
The classes of information will not generally include:
- the disclosure of information which is prevented by law, which is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure
- information in draft form
- information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons
Where it is within our capability, information will be provided on our website. Where it is impracticable to make information available on a website or where you decide you do not wish to access the information by the website, we will indicate how information can be obtained by other means and provide it by those means.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is specified, we will provide contact details. An appointment to view the information will be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where we are legally required to translate any information, we will do so.
We will adhere to any language and format obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation in providing information.
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to you. Where we make charges for routinely published material these will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum. Material which is published and accessed on this website will be provided free of charge. Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as: photocopying, postage and packaging. and the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
You can request information that is not published under this scheme. Its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act or the Environmental Information Regulations.
Corporate Governance Manager
231 Corstorphine Road
Edinburgh, EH12 7AT
Tel: 0131 314 6439